On Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 15:07:37, Alan Smith wrote:
> I am trying once again to set up ftp-proxy to use at work. My problem is
> that we have a Cisco PIX which I'm not allowed get rid of
> or a machine with dual nics - one inside and one outside the firewall.

This is effectively getting rid of the PIX!

If  its got both an inside and outside interface it can be configured as
a gateway such that any inside host can get outside completely bypassing
the PIX.  Are you sure your network admins are OK with that?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh