trying to build mod_python on OpenBSD 3.7 with the following configuration.

Python 2.4 (source build) --disabled-share
Apache 2.0.59 --enable-so
mod_python 3.2.10 --with-apxs

I was able to get as far as the make part on mod_python but whenver i
do make install mod_python breaks I've been looking at how the build
goes and the only think that looks like it's not cooperating is this
part

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpython2.4.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libpython2.4 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a regex pattern. Last file checked:
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module mod_python.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

looks like libtool doesn't like my python source brewed.

any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

thanks,
-eD