John Draper wrote:
Can someone please make a recommendation, or point me to any docs that might be in the OpenBSD Site... the only docs I could find is in the FAQ, and it only mentions operation of
the server in chrooted mode,  but nothing on setting it up.

All is ready and the server does already run in chrooted mode. If you need to put password for your server use by .htaccess for example, you need to make sure you put it in the space accessible by apache in chrooted mode. So, the default is to be inside /var/www, so you can put your password file(s) there, or you can even add a directory for your own use like /var/www/password and put your password file there in .htpasswd for example.

Just make sure it is accessible by apache, but NOT is the web space of your site(s), meaning if your sites are configure to use

/var/www/mysite, then DON'T put your password in that directory or any part of sub of it!

Users accessible web space is not the same as server accessible space.

Then your .htaccess setup would point to that file to check your users or password.

If you have a lots of users, you can also use the dbm feature as well already there too.

Best,

Daniel