Sounds like the behavior you are looking for is route reflection.

Eric

Tom Beard wrote:
Henning Brauer wrote:
i honestly don't understand your problem ;(
I get told that a lot ;)

Our two border routers (I'll call them B1 & B2) both have full views
made up of various transit & peering connections.  They have iBGP
peerings with each other and also with both of the access routers (I'll
call them A1 & A2).  Under normal circumstances the access routers see
~180,000 prefixes from B1 and ~12,000 prefixes from B2.  If for some
reason B1 loses external connectivity, there is about a 2 minute time
frame where A1 & A2 only have partial connectivity as B2 loses the
routes from B1 and then starts advertising more of it's own external routes.

JunOS has an option that allow you to tell B1 & B2 to advertise a full
table of routes to all iBGP peers so in the example of B2, it might have
selected routes via B1 as active, however it will still advertise a full
table of it's own best external routes.  This means that should B1 lose
connectivity, A1 and A2 already have a full route view from B2 and don't
need to wait to it to re-converge.

I'm not convinced that made much more sense.  Perhaps I'm making the
whole issue overly complicated?

Tom