I am considering doing an OpenBSD transparent bridge with spamd/pf to
add greylisting to two of our existing email servers. Both servers
have equally waited MX records pointing at each of them and they both
reside on the same subnet/ethernet segment.

Would it make more sense to have one system acting as the firewalling
bridge in front of the email servers or should I use two bridges? My
gut instinct says it would be easier to have one bridge so that I
wouldn't have to keep the spamdb synced between multiple boxes but I
want to get other's opinions.

Also, I have no idea what size server I am going to need for the
bridge/spamd machine. We're currently doing between 1.5 & 2 million
emails a day. Can anyone else share what type of hardware/memory etc
they are using for greylisting this many emails?

Thanks in advance!

-Eric