Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> The Soekris kernel configs from flashdist are the best way to go. You
> do not need to remove the MFS option but I would add the
> FFS_SOFTUPDATES option. The MFS option is used for building a file
> system in virtual memory. It has nothing to do with compact flash
> cards. Those are still supported using FFS. I would leave MFS support
> in the kernel. You can find out more from mfs(8).
>
> Bryan

I thought that since I'm not using compact flash (and don't care about
writing to disk) I'd have no need to "build a filesystem in virtual
memory"?

That being said I'm sure it won't hurt to leave it in. Based on other
people's responses it sounds like no kernel customization is even
required on this device.

Thanks,
RPK.