I've been thinking about the legal blurbs in the source files, the
most permissive being the one in, for example, src/bin/chio/parse.y

I feel it's a bit silly to bother with them, since they have no
technical significance.  But perhaps it's worthwhile, every once
in a while, to ponder the real world and its constraints.

The motivation for authors to put blurbs in their work must be some
kind of fear.  The nature of this fear can be guessed from the
wording of the blurb.  The authors hope that the blurb affords them
protection.

I wonder if the following language would provide the same level of
protection or better:

    We, the authors of this work, are giving it away to you, dear
    reader (and to everyone else), as an opportunity, not as a
    service.  Do with it whatever you want.  We welcome your
    contributions, and we owe you nothing.

I imagine that putting this one in place of the orthodox blurb would
be an inspiring demonstration of resistance to fear.  Surely no
judge could misunderstand its intention.

Please discuss.