On 10/11/06, Girish Venkatachalam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 12:22:06PM -0400, Martin Gignac wrote:
> On 10/11/06, Girish Venkatachalam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >If my memory serves me right, SIP actually has ALG built into the standard
> >itself and www.opensip.org might already give you what you want.
>
> Hmm, wasn't aware of that. Do you have any specific RFC or 3GPP spec
> number that I could check out concerning this?
>
> -Martin

You could have easily googled for SIP RFC. That is what one would expect from
OpenBSD crowd...

Anyway I can certainly provide you with more info. But the problem is, I worked
on VoIP more than two years ago and I never really worked on SIP. I read the
RFC, that is all.

Check out http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3261.html

Pay particular attention to the various components of the protocol. In
particular, focus on proxy server and user agent.

Yeah, I'm familiar with 3261. However the SIP proxy that 3261 talks
about has a completely different function than what an ALG/SBC does.
Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "SIP proxy" in my previous
e-mails. My bad.

-Martin

--
"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names
the streets after them."

                                                  --Bill Vaughan