On 2006/10/14 02:42, Richard P. Koett wrote:
> >> I won't post a dmesg unless requested because I think this platform
> >> is pretty well known.

it probably won't make a difference here, but in general, the dmesg
doesn't just tell about the platform, it tells about the OS you're using
on it too.

> >> I think I can rule out things like speed and duplex problems between
> >> the Soekris and the local switch because the problem only affects
> >> outbound traffic.

Not entirely, it could only be affecting things in one direction.
Better to verify.

On 2006/10/14 03:10, Richard P. Koett wrote:
> >> I tried a few scrub options to no avail
> >
> > which ones, did you try the max-mss I suggested? if 1440 is no good
> > try a bit lower. it sounds very likely that you have MTU problems and
> > max-mss will workaround that (at least for TCP).
>
> I tried the following variations:
>
> scrub out on sis0 max-mss 1440
> scrub out max-mss 1440
> scrub max-mss 1440
> scrub max-mss 1400
>
> Should I keep going lower, or try some other variation?

I'd have thought that would have taken care of it, perhaps it's
some other problem I haven't thought of...

Any blocked packets when you see problems? (tcpdump -neipflog0)