On 15/10/06, Jonathan Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 07:57:56AM +0100, mal content wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was recently given an IBM T41 laptop. I've had little experience
> of laptop hardware, and no experience of wireless. The laptop itself
> didn't come with any wireless hardware (which, I gather, is a good thing
> as it would have been closed intel stuff).
>
> I would like to get some sort of wireless card for it. What would the users
> of this list recommend? It'll run OpenBSD 4.0, of course.
>
> thanks,
> MC

Get a Ralink based card, they work great.
You'll have to run tpwireless from ports before you put it in
to get around the stupid IBM whitelist though.

Hi.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=136500

This uses the Ralink chipset doesn't it? I just want to be sure before I
place an order.

thanks,
MC