On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 10:29:37AM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> Trying to implement multimedia into Unix is like upgrading a typewriter into a
> video recorder.  Well - we impregnate the cotton tape with magnetic paint, cut
> a piece of the platten for the rotating drum, the tape reels stay, we take
> three typebars and and cut slots into them to get the magnetic heads, so it
> looks like we are on a good way. But, suddenly, we hit a trouble - how are we
> going to make the frequency modulation for the recording? ;-)

I don't get what you mean but with sox and audacity,jack and djmix you are
certainly much better off on UNIX than any other.

With the clean design and ability to string things together and open source
code you can't possibly want anything better.

I wish you good luck and I assure you for audio/video processing or multimedia
or even plan simple audio mixing,effects etc. UNIX is THE way to go.

Best,
Girish