(Feeling rather stupid after the blank email, apologies)

I grabbed an older GPS from that Microsoft Streets and Trips software
and plugged it into my laptop to try the nmea sensor stuff. The
sticker says it's a GPS-360, mfg by Pharos USA with a SiRF chipset.

There looks to be a small bug in the dmesg display (it runs into my
USB headset):

uplcom0 at uhub0 port 1
uplcom0: Prolific Technology Inc. USB-Serial Controller, rev 1.10/3.00, addr 2
uaudio0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0ucom0 at uplcom0
: Logitech Logitech USB Headset, rev 1.10/10.13, addr 2
uaudio0: ignored input endpoint of type adaptive
uaudio0: audio rev 1.00, 6 mixer controls
audio0 at uaudio0
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 3
uhidev0: Logitech Logitech USB Headset, rev 1.10/10.13, addr 2, iclass 3/0
uhid0 at uhidev0: input=2, output=0, feature=0

After some fiddling trying to figure out the proper port to use:

# nmeaattach cuaU0
# sysctl hw.sensors
hw.sensors.0=nmea0, GPS, -0.66 secs, WARNING, Thu Oct 19 17:28:19.435

Would I be correct in assuming the warning is probably due to a weak
fix by the GPS device?

--
Jon