The kerberos server admins have to add you a host key, they then give
you that key and you put it in a keytab file on your client. I.e. they
a "kadmin addprinc -pw somepassword host/[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
and give you the result to put in a keytab file.

        Doing this ensures you can ask the server to send you something
encrypted with your key. If you don't do this, your kerberos
authentication is spoofable by anyone who can intercept traffic
between you and the kerb server.

        So actually, you have to ask them for the host key :) Ask
them - they should give you one.

        No there isn't a nob to turn it off, that would be insecure.

        Personally, how we do it here on this campus is we have an https
secured web page (https://password.srv.ualberta.ca/krb/) that we allow
any campus LAN admin types to log into and get a principal created or
modified that is of the form
host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] How your campus
kerberos admins choose to do this I wouldn't know, sorry, you'll have
to break down and ask them.

        -Bob

* Donald J. Ankney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-10-24 14:27]:

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
if ((not 0 && not 1) !=  (! 0 && ! 1)) {