Hi ICMan,

I am new to the list and I do not fully understand the process either.
However, I believe that the project gets a large portion of its funding from
the sale of CDs. So to give added incentive to buy CDs, those who pre-order
get the release early. I  think this is how it works but I could be wrong..

Dylan