First, read through the compat_freebsd (8) man page.

Some points to note:
-The 'ldd' command being run in your excerpts is most likely the
OpenBSD /usr/bin/ldd, which is not going to work properly with
binaries compiled for other OSes.  You need a FreeBSD 'ldd' binary;
preferably as  /emul/freebsd/usr/bin/ldd.  (Note that the ldd examples
in the compat_freebsd(8) man page refer to running ldd on a FreeBSD
system.)  Symlinking that to something like
/usr/local/bin/ldd-freebsd, so you can then invoke it as
'ldd-freebsd', avoiding any confusion, is also a good idea.

-I assume you have the emulators/freebsd_lib port/pkg already
installed.  I don't see usr/bin/ldd in the PLIST, so you may want to
grab that from a FreeBSD 4.11 machine or FTP archive (since that is
the version of libraries in the freebsd_lib pkg).

-FreeBSD programs and files don't have to live under /emul/freebsd,
but it's a good idea.  If they include files also in the OpenBSD
system, they must go there so they don't clobber the OpenBSD files.

Most of the same concepts also apply to Linux emulation.

-Andrew