On 2006/11/03 16:02, gwes wrote:
> Der Engel wrote:
> >
> >I have a doubt about if OpenBSD/PF can NAT 40Mbits with a simple rule
> >set and like 60 redirects.
> >The box has a xeon proc and two integrated NICs, one fxp and a bge,
> >can it handle it?
>
> How many packets per second?  Or, how big are the packets?

Number of connection-setups (new state entries) affects things too.
Motherboard chipset (and how it's configured, irq settings and so on)
can make a difference. 'has a xeon proc' is only a little more
specific than 'has a pentium proc', there have been a lot of chips
bearing the name Xeon.

The best way is to try it. If it's not quick enough and you've already
checked things like net.inet.ip.ifq.maxlen, add more boxes and you can
CARP load-balance.