On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:00:25 -0800 "Jon Simola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: On 10/4/06, Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:
: After reading over the specs repeatedly, spending many nights studying
: their tangled tales and twisted methods, I have to agree with Theo:
:
: It would take an idiot to try writing a driver for these Broadcom chipsets.
: It would take an idiot to try doing it using only a laptop with a minipci
card.
:
: #dmesg | grep ^bcw
: bcw0 at pci3 dev 2 function 0 "Broadcom BCM4318" rev 0x02: irq 10,
: address 00:14:a5:75:58:df
: # ifconfig bcw0
: bcw0: flags=8a43<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,ALLMULTI,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
:         lladdr 00:14:a5:75:58:df
:         media: IEEE802.11 autoselect
:         status: no network
:         ieee80211: nwid "" 0dBm
:         inet6 fe80::214:a5ff:fe75:58df%bcw0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
:
: I have become that idiot. Experienced developers will observe that

Damn cool! I did also try to write such a driver but this would be so
much work and it would take so much time I currently don't have.

It's absolutely great to have such a driver in future (I also own a
BCM4318 in my laptop).

Does your driver need the firmware?

--Steffen

--