Hello.

I inherited an old '586 computer with built-in graphics (no video card)
and a no-name 17" color monitor. I have no documentation for either. I
am trying to set it up using xorgconfig.

Is there a utility within OpenBSD 4.0 RELEASE i386 that will
"interrogate" the hardware to determine:

1) video memory amount
2) best driver (ATI generic seems to work best so far)
3) monitor resolutions available
4) VGA, SVGA, interlaced, non-interlaced, etc.
5) horiz and vert frequencies?

What I want is to have it start as 800x600, but be able to switch on
demand to 1024x768, since a number of ignorant software programs insist
on being displayed in 1024x768 (programs with configuration pages with
buttons are notorious for that).  It hard to click the "ok" button when
it is below the bottom edge of the screen.

So far, I can get it to display either 1024x768 or 800x66, but not
switch between them with ctrl-alt-(-) and ctrl-alt-(+). Note:
ctrl-alt-(bksp) works fine.

Thanks.