On 14/11/06, Pierre Lamy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You got link on the interface? Even if you do maybe the cable is bad.

I can ssh into the system using the local interface IP.   Once there I can
ping devices on all the networks,  including the internet.  Problem is that
no device on Network A can ping any device on Network A, but cannot ping
anything outside.

tcpdump traffic of any attempt to ping shows the traffic arriving on the
interface local to the device that is pinging,  but no traffic is seen on
the interface that is local to to destination device.

It isn't the cable.  I understand that this is odd,  that is why I am
turning to the list for help.  The setting to allow forwarding is turned
on,  sysctl shows the kernel knows this,  but still packets are not being
forwarded.  I will try another rebuild next,  because that doesn't take much
time.  But I don't know what I need to do differently to change the
situations.

Thanks for the reply.

nuffnough.