---- Original message ----
>Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:41:35 -0600
>From: Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: java on openbsd
>To: Tobias Weisserth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: misc@openbsd.org
>
>> @others: stop picking on SUN and Java. It's actually a nice language
>> and going to be GPL software very soon, so I guess there will be an
>> option for binary packages and other nice stuff soon.
>
>Java is a shitshow, it isn't a "nice" language.  Stop defending Sun and their
>ridiculous licenses.  The day Sun shows up as a real player in the open source
>world this could be justified.  For now they are just another closed vendor.
>
>You don't get a cookie for trying or pretending.

marco,

don't you know you're not licensed to circulate compiled opinions about Sun
source code? you're supposed to let everyone else click through the stupid
menus, download source packages that are about as big as the openbsd install
sets, adjust their ulimits, spend a lot of time compiling something that should
be available as a package and THEN they can form a properly licensed opinion.

cheers,
jake