hi there,

4.0 is here so time for my second annual reinstall on my notebook.
i have come to the conclusion that it would be nice to have a
"production" system and a "development" system.  i need a stable
system to work with (stable packages i don't have to manually
compile, etc, etc.)  on the dev system i'd like to track current.

but.  because i have only one notebook, these system should be on
the same physical harddisk.

the only recent thread i have seen is about dual booting with netbsd:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=110575764931297&w=2

i am not an mbr/disklabel guru, but it seems to me that it all comes
down to disklabel becasue i can have 4 primary partitions, but if i
interpret it correctly, i can't have seperate 'a' and 'b' (and so on)
for all of these primary partitions, now can i?

would it make sense to make every primary partition into an isolated
seperate disklabel entity?  i know this wouldn't be a trivial change
of course, but is it possible at all?

or should i just go with virtualization?
is it in that state already that i can?

or any other ideas to have 2 systems on one? :)

-f
--
if "r" is reverse, how come "d" is forward?