I agree completely... for less than the cost of a frac-ds3 you can get
10 or 100 Mbps Metro Ethernet circuits from various US RBOCS (I use
Bellsouth as an example, not sure who the RBOC in Chicago is.) Most of
them allow upgrading to 1Gig. We use a few of them and they are great...
we're never going back to DSx or OCx circuits unless absolutely
necessary.

Dan Farrell

Of