Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2006/11/15 08:22, Diana Eichert wrote:
Are TDM over Ethernet devices supported under Asterisk running on OpenBSD?

No, they are configured as a channel under zaptel which we don't have.
(zaptel is ~20k lines of kernel driver including such fun things as echo
cancellation; the closest OS it's ported to is NetBSD). They also need
a timing source, which some comments suggest needs to be a zaptel PCI
card rather than ztdummy (these both need the same core zaptel driver
that's needed for TDMoE).

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterisk_PBX]
Asterisk's timing mechanism (both timestamps and wake-ups) is strongly
biased toward systems which contain at least one of Digium's PCI boards.
Users with other needs, including pure VoIP setups, are likely to
experience timing problems.

(this is why things like meetme and iax trunking don't work properly,
and could explain any other random problems that may crop up, though
strange things have been known to happen with Asterisk on systems
that do have a timer too).

I read some comment on the Asterisk bug tracker suggesting Digium are
not particularly interested in making things work better on systems that
don't use their cards so I don't think we're very likely to see timing
changing to a more sane method just yet...

I have a couple IAX trunks that work pretty well. Mind you the system isn't under any sort of load. Is there any word as to when zaptel might be ported to OpenBSD? Would one be able to compile
the NETBSD port into the openbsd kernel?

Has anyone had any success with asterisk 1.4?