On 11/15/06, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2006/11/15 09:25, Kian Mohageri wrote:
> > On 11/14/06, Brian Keefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > FWIW I was having very similar problems with em(4) in OpenBSD 4.0-
> > > release under VMware (amd64 SMP).  It would cease to recognize ARP
> > > replies and just flood the network with ARP requests endlessly.  It
> > > was enough to bring VMware to it's knees and totally swamp my cheap
> > > switch.
> > >

> > The same card too?
>
> vmware can emulate em(4):
> http://sanbarrow.com/vmx-network.html

I was curious as to what it was being detected as (PRO/1000MT (82545EM)) on
the guest OS.

Assuming we're seeing the same bug, the weirdest thing about this bug to me
is this...  Usually it doesn't come up for a couple of months.  A few times
when it has come up on the master firewall (which fails), the second one
takes over, and then fails too.

--
Kian Mohageri