On Friday 17 November 2006 02:20, Zoong PHAM wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 November 2006 at 16:17:16 -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:
> > Stay away from the T30. They have a lot of motherboard and disk
> > failures.
>
> Oops, I am about to buy a 2nd hand T30 to run OBSD-4.0.
> I currently have a X24 and it works beautifully with 3.8
> But the X24 lacks of a serial port so I am thinking of getting a T30.
> So should I stick with the X24 and buy a USB or PCMCIA serial card? Can
> someone recommend one?
>
> TIA,
> Zoong

Not all T30's are bad.  In fact, few of them are, but compared to the
other Thinkpad's the T30's had a higher rate of failure.  Would I
get a T30 if the price was right for its configuration? Probably.  I
really like Thinkpads.  If in fact the T30 does die on you, spare parts
are obtainable.

--STeve Andre'