From: "Stephen Takacs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 9:35 AM

---snip---
I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I'll run memtest86 tonight, but
I'm very skeptical that it will reveal any hardware problems.  This
machine started acting strange the next day after I upgraded it to 4.0,
and I can't recall a single crash during the 3.7 - 3.9 releases.

If you haven't done it already, check your motherboard hardware for signs of heat creep. A system I recently troubleshot had an unsecured DIMM memory ejector clip and the memory module was slightly lifted up on one side causing random system lockups.