On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Igor Goldenberg wrote:

> So, what's better - to have base system partially on RAID or only for
> custom data or not to use RAID at all?

We use RAIDFrame all the time, but *ONLY* on production servers with
totally reliable power. We used to use it for customer machines, but
without at least triple power redundancy the rebuild time is way too long.

For customers, we have moved them to a 15 minute rsync.

        Lee

  Leland V. Lammert            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Chief Scientist     Omnitec Corporation
 Network/Internet Consultants   www.omnitec.net