Paul Irofti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have some dts files that I want to play. After searching, the
> best option seemed to be vlc. The problem is that vlc crashes
> when I try playing any of these files (they were tested before
> in winamp or something similar by the person that provided
> them).
>
> Has anyone encountered this before? Is there something I'm
> missing?
>
> Suggestions of other players available for OpenBSD that can
> output dts files are also welcomed (mplayer fails too).

You provide way to little information. What versions of OpenBSD,
vlc and mplayer did you use. What command line and so on ...

Well, I have had no luck getting vlc to do DTS or Dolby Digital
passthrough on my DVDs. However with the right soundcard I have
had luck with mplayer such as 'mplayer -ac hwac3 dvd://'.

Hope you solve your problem or try asking again ...