On 2006/11/28 14:32, Reverend Deuce wrote:
> Okay guys, I posted that long message about Firefox/etc on Windows
> Vista a couple of days ago.

this would be easier if you just posted pf.conf rather than non-linear
snippets; however..

>  a) there is a default block policy

I didn't notice you posting anything showing a default block for outgoing
packets, check this and if not, add one.

> block             in  log                     from any     to any label
> "DefaultBlock"

> block             in  log on { $ext_if }           all label "DefaultBlock"
> block return-rst  in  log on { $ext_if } proto tcp all label "DefaultBlock"
> block return-icmp in  log on { $ext_if } proto udp all label "DefaultBlock"

fwiw, you can simplify these if you like:
'block return in log on { $ext_if } label "DefaultBlock"'

> I have heard it said that it makes no sense to filter on two
> interfaces, best to pass on one and block on the other.

that advice is usually given in relation to filtering bridges.