Forgot about that, thanks. It seems I miss spoke earlier. The package from Brother actually contained one linux binary and library file. After enabling linux emulation new errors keep popping up. It's so hard to debug this shit when each new shell script passes off it's output to another shell script using cat and pipes. Needless to say my eyes hurt to much to look at this anymore tonight.

Pierre Lamy wrote:
Hint: Try setting the LogLevel to "debug" to find out more.

James Turner wrote:
Well I fixed the permissions problem by chgrp /dev/ulpt0 to _cups. However now when I try to print there are no errors and nothing is sent to the printer. This might be my filters problem. I have a MFC-210C and the only "drivers" available are linux ones, but they are just a lpr and cups-wrapper shell script. If anyone has any other reasons why it won't print other then the filter I'd appreciate the suggestions.