On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:00:40PM -0600, Dale Rahn wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:20:18PM +0100, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> > The default linker in OpenBSD 3.9 segfaults reproducibly:
>
> Perhaps you want to write the file to wav2bin instead of -Wall, and
> not link the old version with the new one being built.

Yes - it was a typo. But no program should segfault even on incorrect input.
Such a behaviour indicates a bug in the program, often a buffer overflow.

But as we already know, it's a bug in ld, and recently someone said that he
tried a later version of ld and the bug is not there (or at least doesn't
manifest in this situation), so all OpenBSD needs is to upgrade the ld to
fix this bug (and possibly introduce others, considering the prevailing
new-features-are-more-important-than-bugfixes trend in free software).

CL<