Matt Radtke escribis:
Hi maybe this is not the list but thera are here a
lot of people that must know something about it recenrtly i found a blog from jonathan weiss who says thst wrap are a good solution than soekries, and what i want to know it is a recommendation about wich one to buy ? who has done this before?

I've installed OpenBSD on both a WRAP and a Soekris. Basically, the 3 port ethernet WRAP model compares
very well with the soekris 4801.

The soekris does have an full size PCI slot, allowing
you to add up to 4 more ethernet interfaces and a
laptop IDE bus, allowing you to add a 2.5" IDE drive.

Both let you plug in a CF card or micro drive, both
have 3 10/100 NICs, can PXE boot, have a mini PCI
slot, same CPU, same RAM etc, etc.

The WRAP with case can be had for $146 USD, the
Soekris 4801 with case for $240 USD.

For me, the laptop drive is largely worthless--more
noise and uses more power, so I exlude that from my
value equation.  CF cards and microdrives are more
than adequate.

So, unless you need more than 3 ethernet NICs, why pay
$100 more for esentially the same hardware?
-Matt

PS: wasn't this just on the list like last month?
http://new.mail.yahoo.com

what about routerboard? anyone has used this one?