Vim Visual wrote:
> Logging as su and without X running I get
>
> 1280pgm 30 1280 768
> Unable to open /dev/mem: Operation not permitted

You must run this before securelevel gets raised.

> 3d 1920 1440 is one mode I don't want to use; you have to overwrite
> one of them like that
> I "guessed" that one because I have a logbook from my experimentations
> with the same laptop
> and Linux + 915resolution. In linux it was working like that

To set this stuff up interactively, it's easiest to start OpenBSD in
single user mode (enter "-s" at the boot> prompt), and do it from there.

First use "915resolution -l" to list the available modes from your BIOS,
choose the one you'd like to overwrite, and you can immediately try out
running 915resolution with the proper parameters.  Once you got those,
just put those in rc.securelevel.