I have set up samba and openldap. Openldap was populated with smbldap-tools.
Either samba and openldap run fine and I can access my samba shares from a
Windows client in a peer-to-peer connection. The logs show me that the
authentication is done via ldap.
However, when I try to add a Windows box to the samba domain I get the error
message "Username not found" on my Windows client. The logs show that
authentication of administrator (root) succeeds.
The machine account is added to the ldap when trying to join the machine to
the domain, however, only as posixAccount. It seems to me that the second
step, i.e. adding the sambaSAMAcount to this machine (posix) account is not
successful.
Does somebody have any hints for me how to get my clients into the samba
domain?

Thanks

Harry