On 2006-12-14 21:22, Erik Wikstrvm wrote:
I've get an box laying in my basement running OpenBSD 3.7 (probably should upgrade that some time but I've never taken the time) acting as gateway for both wired and wireless networks. Everything has been working flawlessly except one thing; I can not access computers on the wireless network from the wired one or vice versa. This has not been much of a problem since I'm mostly connecting via the wired network but now my mother has gotten herself a laptop and she wishes to be able to access another computer to print. Most computers (are not mine) and run Windows.

I have three NICs in the box, two rl(4) and one ath(4), rl1 is connected to the Internet and rl0 and ath0 are the local networks. As I understand things I need to bridge the two local NICs somehow to be able to access computers on both networks seamlessly, however I recall trying that once but with no success. Obviously I did something wrong, so I'd hope that someone might be able to explain to me how to set up the network.

First of all it seems like I was a bit vague about the problem, sorry about that. I could ping between the two networks but "Windows networking" (shared folders and printers) did not work. Fortunately some of you managed to understand my problems nevertheless and I've now got a working solution by bridging the two local networks.

Thank you all for your input, especially Chris Zakelj and Jeff Quast.

--
Erik Wikstrvm