On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 11:42:44AM -0800, Joe wrote:

> Is this for real? I figured if anyone could shed some light on this, an
> OpenBSD developer might be able to comment on this "dylan" language. I'm
> not looking to learn dylan, but am just wondering if this is legit. I
> wouldn't mind running one of these tools if they are indeed "safer" to
> run than wireshark. (yes i use tcpdump regularly)

I have the beginning of a port of gwydiondylan, there are still a lot
of issues to fix. The byte-code compiler (mindy) is slow as hell, d2c doesn't
quite work for me yet. Outside of that, dylan->binary does not work on a
range of architectures.

Dylan reminds me of haskell. Both are high-level languages, better than
sliced bread, and *everything* you want to build with them involves
compilation speeds that make g++ look like it's the fastest thing out
there...