Mathieu Sauve-Frankel wrote:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:19:34PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This is a follow-up to my first message to the list (see below).

In spite of the fact that - according to your suggestion - I have read every
piece of info  about ftp and proxies both under man and googling, I'm still
unable to pkg_add any package to my openbsd 4.0 installation.

Perhaps this is due to some bias from my wider experience with freebsd.

Here you are a typical session and the errors popping up

# export ftp_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080  # FreeBSD style

try adding a trailing slash to this command. for example.

# export ftp_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/

Perhaps, you have the same problem as I have.

I'm not able to pass our internal ftp proxy with the standard ftp command, I tried every possible combination, without success.

1) I have to connect without authentication to our internal ftp proxy server:
$ ftp -n vproxy.x.y
Connected to vproxy.x.y
220 XYZ FTP Service (36)
ftp>

2) and now connect to the external ftp server
ftp> user [EMAIL PROTECTED]
331 Who are you impersonating today?
Password:
230-
230-    Welcome to Sunsite Alberta
230- Login Successful.
230 Your data rate unrestricted
ftp>

That way it works ...

I successfully used ncftp, but not with pkg_add as it doesn't support the "-o -" feature.

Kind regards
Didier