Brian Candler wrote:
  What, specifically is your issue?
One huge issue has to do with pf and SIP protocol design. SIP signaling
messages go over a well-known port (5060/tcp), but the media traffic
(the actual voice packets) go over some random port negotiated during
call setup.

I believe that what you describe is what my VOIP provider (teliax.com, fwiw) does on their Asterisk box. It works great, and we (the customers) don't have to do any funny NAT config, just the stock configuration works great.

--
     Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
 "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,