> To quote from http://www.openbsd.org/art4.html:
> "Most images provided here are copyright by OpenBSD, by Theo de Raadt,
> or by other members or developers of the OpenBSD group. However, it is
> our intent that anyone be able to use these images to represent
> OpenBSD in a positive light. So enjoy them and let the world see them,
> if that is your wish. "
>
> I believe that means I am free to make and sell the cups and glasses.
> anyone disagree with my interpertation of that statement?

Wrong, no one has given explicit permission to reprint the artwork.
Using these on mugs is a copyright violation.

Copyright is inherent and has to be explicitly surrendered; in this case
it did not happen.  What that sentence intends to say is "you can use
the artwork on a website to portray OpenBSD in positive light" although
that is not necessarily clear either.

On a final note Theo has very often, publicly on the mailing lists,
prohibited people from reproducing the images.