Well I have some freeBSD boxes doing ISC DHCPdaemon right now and when we
issue IP addresses to our clients (who are all wireless cpe's) we tag the IP
address to a specific hardware code of the modem (an electronic ID)

This way the client can swap PCs or Routers or even spoof router mac
addresses but it wont affect our usage monitoring and tracking or bandwidth
controls on their assigned IP address, as this is tagged to the electronic
ID on their wireless modem (CPE)

We are moving over to the openBSD boxes because the actual system we are
running on openBSD is what controls the users experience including their
usage counting, caching, etc etc.
Right now these boxes are doing this task - with DHCP relay - so they are
just passing the DHCP info which is generated by our FreeBSD units, but we
need to get it all on one platform because the FreeBSD boxes are destined
for other duties

On FreeBSD its called option 82 relay I believe but I dont see this listed
as something that is possible with ISC_dhcpd for openBSD....we have checked
that and cant find any reference

Here is an example:
Lets say I wanted to FIX an IP to a specific modem for a client I would in
my FreeBSD do the following
# Client Name
Class"CPE-ffaac7d3" {
 Match if option agent.remote-id= 0:0:ff:aa:c7:d3;
}

Then somewhere else in the file I set the deny or allow parameters and all
the subnets etc for that whole concentp. The EID to whatever subnet and IP
it will be given etc etc. For example

# Client Name
Pool {
 Allow members of "CPE-ffaac7d3";
 Range 192.168.100.100;
}

So for what I want to accomplish
I want to issue all of my clients IP addresses from a private pool. I want
to reserve them so they get the same IP every time, I want to tag it with
the EID of the modem, so that despite them changing PC, or even router, or
trying to spoof mac addresses to get around our IPS, or usage counting or
whatever, they cannot because its tagged to the MODEM EID (which is
unchangeable since its hard-coded)
Cant see any way todo this in openBSD.

John L.R. Dovale
GM Operations