On 27/01/07, Josh Grosse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
FYI: You will find that while spamd does a great job eliminating
spambot traffic, you will still get plenty of spam.

I use three DNSBLs, ClamAV, and SpamAssassin as well as spamd.

   -J-

Thank you everyone who replied.

In the previous FreeBSD setup, spamassassin was used in conjunction
with procmail on an individual basis. There was a "possibly_spam"
file, for each user, for stuff that was only just over the threshold,
and the stuff that was way over it went to /dev/null.

This is the first time using it the OpenBSD way. Presumably there is a
way of fine-tuning it, so that possibly_spam is accepted.

or maybe I've answered my own question :) Sometimes it helps to type
it out. So, presumably spamd as actuated by PF takes care of the 100%
certain spam, what is then accepted per user depends on invoking
spamc/d via a procmail ruleset individually?

Am I correct? I'm using Exim btw

--
John