Hi list,

i plan to by a a SBC for a small home server which should support IPSec encryption. I would like to get at least 5MB/s samba/nfs via IPSec from local disk and the system should be low power (< 20W) and fanless.

I read that the VIA CPUs have crypto support built in.
I am a bit unsure however, which CPU is actually supported by OpenBSD and which ones support the different ciphers used by IPSec.

All i know so far is that C3 stepping >= 8 is fully supported.
But what about the other CPUs?

C7: Work in progress?
Core Fusion: ?
Eden: ?

Another question: some VIA CPUs only show "RNG AES" in dmesg, SHA and RSA are missing. Are these CPUs able to accelerate IPsec at all?

This is quite a few questions, but i have not yet found a comparison of the CPUs w/r to encryption support :-)

Thanks for any infos or pointers.
--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341