Hi,

apm is not supported on my laptop and this means I cannot suspend etc. But
I would like to know which things could be "switched off" or lowered, so
that I can write a script and for instance I can go away from my laptop
for half an hour or one hour and I don't have to turn it off totally and
at the same time save battery.

Say... something like lowering the cpu speed (though I am not sure I can
do that if apm is not supported), blank screen and stop/reduce all
cpu-hungry processes. Of course, the best would be to find a way to
automatically launch the script when I close the lid of the laptop and
then vice-versa; i.e. a script that "wakes up" everything back...

Have any suggestion/ ideas/ scripts?

thanks

Pau

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com