On 2/5/07, Jules Colding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to make my Soekris net4801 boot OpenBSD 4.0 with / mounted
read-only. I've put everything in /var and /tmp on an mfs partition.
This works fine.

The problem is that when I attempt to ssh to the box then the connection
is dropped immediately after having been authenticated.

So sshd must attempt to write to some file on the ro mounted disk, but
which one?

That's one of several possibilities -- why don't you enable some
debugging in both the server and client and see if you can figure out
exactly what is failing? Start sshd(8) with one or more -d arguments,
and use one or more -v arguments to ssh(1) on the client side. You
might also glean some information from /var/log/authlog.

DS