Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
Hello Brian,

Not quite sure what you mean with pstree...don't know the
command and no 'man pstree' on my 3.8 system..?

It's in the psmisc/ package

Note that I no problems logging into the system while on the local network
(doing this
via a PC that I remotely manage). When I do a SSH session (via the VPN
tunnel) on the INSIDE
of the OBSD box, I get the same problem....(using the same account).

Okay I must be asleep again. I thought we eliminated pf(4) as the problem. Technically if you can negotiate a 3-way handshake and establish the TCP socket, MTU should be a non-issue.

What about "netstat -s". Anything suspicious (grep -i drop) for sections esp: tcp: ip: icmp: etherip:

If you have access via the LAN, what about tcpdump(8) on the tun(4) interface?

is
not the case locaclly....

Problem here is that this system is 900Km away...if I would stop the SSHD
(so i could

Normally I'd say to you "Oh you're fine with pkill -HUP sshd"; but that's because I'm accustomed to out-of-band management like DRAC and mgetty >:}

nohup kill -HUP pid-of-sshd-listener-process

should get it for you

or if you are really (justifiably) paranoid a little temporary cron that will restart sshd if not running, or in five minutes.

~BAS

restart it with debug options....) I will not be able to reach it anymore
:-(