On 2/7/07, Miod Vallat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <ST3808110AS>
> > wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 76319MB, 156301488 sectors
> > wd0(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
> > wd0: no disk label
> > dkcsum: wd0 matches BIOS drive 0x80
> > No disks found.

This is caused by the kernel dmesg being flooded with the axe error
messages.

The OP should try to boot -c, disable axe, and install without axe; this
should at least allow the installation to proceed.

Miod

Your command is my wish.  The install proceeded normally after that.
Thanks for the save, Miod!

Forgot to mention LONG wait after "Entry point at 0x200120".
Also long wait after "pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5" and
"wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0".
The waits occurred even after disabling axe.

Rebooting (didn't disable axe) yields, after many axe0 messages:
ifmedia_match: multiple match for 0x20/0xfffffeff, selected instance 0
uvm_fault(0xd0767d20, 0x0, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped at       usbd_probe_and_attach+0x242:    movzbl  0x2(%eax),%eax
ddb>

I have to leave for an appointment right now, but will be back
(hopefully!) in an hour or so.  I can disable axe in boot_config; I'll
have no need for that device.  But do you anticipate any other related
issues before I put this into production?  Would you (or some other
developer) like access to the system when I get back?  I can leave it
at your disposal for a few days (and type as needed) if it will help
the cause.

I also have a 3Ware 8006-2LP and a pair of SATA disks to install in it
(for a RAID-1 configuration) as well once the base system is stable,
if that's of interest to anyone.

Thanks again,
--
Ron Oliver