Beavis wrote:
Hi guys

   Just wanted to ask if any of you have experience putting openbsd 4.0 to a
dell 2650? I tried to boot up using both cd40.iso and floppyB40.fs but it
always says no disks found. haven't seen any scsi drives loaded. I tried an
initial setup using RAID 5 hardware (configured) and see if 4.0 will see it
but with no luck I even tried it with mirror and just a regular stripe..
with still no avail, makes me wonder does this mean openbsd doesn't support
scsi controllers build into dell boxes?

well any comments or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

thanks,
-Ed
Hi,

What controller do you have? I'm just trying to install on a Poweredge 860 with a PERC 5IR.

Do you have a dmesg? If you can't get one off your system, at the # prompt, you can still configure your network (dhclient/ifconfig) & ftp is on the install CD if you have someplace to put it. Worked for me.

Cheers,
Steve W.