On 10/02/07, Andreas Bihlmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 04:04:56PM +0100, Henning Brauer wrote:
> * Andreas Bihlmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-02-04 14:04]:
> > I guess somebody using OpenBSD already has a nice MRTG configuration
> > showing:
> >     IN/OUT traffic
> >     [CPU] load
> >     memory usage
> >     some stuff about pf (states, blocks/pass)
> >     (using this patch: http://www.packetmischief.ca/openbsd/snmp/)
>
> save yourself the trouble and just go for ports/sysutils/symon/

Thanks everybody who responded.
I eventually went with symon and used a shell script based on:
http://www.benzedrine.cx/statistics.html
but heavily modified.

Results:
http://bihlmaier.org/stats

Problems:
- The new two-level sensor framework is not supported, meaning
  sensor() is useless ATM.

There is a patch for symon for allowing it to adapt to the old
one-level or the new two-level sensor framework at compile time:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=116917726601827&w=2

Willem Dijkstra, author of symon, has this patch, but he told me he is
too overwhelmed with other work, so I don't know if a new version of
symon is coming out anytime soon. Maybe someone could put this patch
into the ports tree before OpenBSD 4.1 freeze?

Cheers,
Constantine.