Hi everyone,

Recently I have been going over a bunch of the documents in
openbsd.org/papers in order to write an overview of the security
features in OpenBSD for school.

I have a small question concerning the malloc G option.

Theo basically says this in slide:
(http://www.openbsd.org/papers/ven05-deraadt/mgp00028.html)

[...SNIP...]

malloc.conf 'G' option:

[...SNIP...]

Cannot enabled by default yet.  Maybe never, but we will see.

This was written in 2005 (2 years ago).  I installed 4.0 and read
through the man page of malloc, and I didn't find any indication that
the G option is enabled by default yet (couldn't find the answer on
google either).

My question is the following:  Is there any plans to enable the guard
page feature of malloc ('G' option) in the future?  Is so any
timetable?

Thank you for your time,

Jd