Hi All

Hate to ask something that might be a simple answer but I am trying to find
how it is best / easiest to get the CPU usage of a BSD 4.0 box.

I only need the result and not a bunch of other data as I want to store the
result in a mysql db.

Basically i'm just looking for either the idle number or the % used

I have tried with a few different options, but using SNMP (net-snmp 5x) I
can't find the actual % used or idle

any help or suggestions would be ideal.  I'm also working on finding the free
memory and some other stuff. I don't want to use MRTG at this point as we are
building a custom management system for custom purposes.

Thanks

James Mackinnon